Wednesday, May 10, 2006

I went to Copenhagen during our Easter week off in April, where I stayed with Anna Juulsgaard Breum. We had met when she was studying earlier this year in Amsterdam, and I returned the favour as she stayed with me in Amsterdam a little bit later after Queen's Day. My impression is that Copenhagen is a beautiful city, a little like Amsterdam but a bit more wide open, a bit cleaner and with lovely lakes that lie in it. Our first tourist stop was the Little Mermaid statue, which was swamped by, well, tourists. I hear it has only been decapitated twice! Among other things, we saw the harbour, the Queen's Guard with their furry hats and the short but extremely nice and busy street by the water whose name I can't remember! In the photo you can see all the Danes sitting on the site enjoying the sun, while the tourists are just out of site on the patios enjoying expensive meals and drinks. It also happened to be Queen Daisy's birthday, so the Danish flags were out in full force.

Further below are pictures of Anna, with her friends Camilla and Kristina. Also, Tivoli gardens and delicious layer cake!

.













1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nick, I hope you saw enough wind turbines in Danemark.

Great to hear from you again. More details by email.

3:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home