Friday, November 30, 2007

We had our graduation ceremony a few weeks ago from the Tinbergen Institute's MPhil programme. It was a nice event, held in the Siena cafe at Erasmus University. The supervisor of each graduating student was supposed to give a short speech about him or her and their work together. Needless to say, it was a time to be complimentary!

More than half of the supervisors were not there, partly due to a scheduling conflict. I was disappointed when I heard that because I thought the little speech was the nicest part of last year's ceremony. Fortunately, Director of Graduate Studies Jaap Abbring was leading the ceremony. He ably spoke for the supervisor who weren't there, in what one person referred to as "Hugh Grant style". It definitely worked.

These photos are of the group, Bernd, Denny and me.










We went out for dinner afterwards. I'd like to say I was both set up and posing for the camera in the second shot.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home